REfashion with a cause- #DIY, hand- painted clutch!
Long story short, I was doing some closet cleaning and I found my old clutch, that was dusty and it was hard to get the stains off of it ( the clutch was fabric covered).
I almost threw it out, but then I thought about what Diana Vreeland would say, “why don’t you” make your own, customized, hand painted clutch! and by the way check out if that would actually work?
So I did…and now it’s time for you to use you own imagination and creativity, play with it and see what happens!
Here is how I did it.
WHAT I USED:
- Old clutch, you don’t’ much care about anymore;
- Acrylics ( I used full cover Gold brand plus retarder, mostly for thin lines). Normally I like warm colors but that’s the paints I had so I just used them.
- Brushes (I very much like the Utrecht line called“Sablette”. They are not the cheapest, but when you care for them, they should last a couple years). Also, I used an old make up brush Eco Tools, and It works deliciously for bigger surfaces.
- Blue painters tape to protect whatever area you don’t like you be painted. The thickness is up to you.
- Pencil, waterproof sharpies markers.
- Acrylic coating , I used UV resistant clear from Krylon.
- An idea, what I actually wanted to paint, of course I went spontaneous.
1. I covered the clutch with the primer. I needed only one coat.
2. I did fast sketch of what I wanted to paint;
3. I painted my subject using here and there the markers.
4. When everything was dry, I covered it with a coat of paint. Two layers. It worked out great, only on one spot the marker was melted a bit, but I believe it was my fault, because I sprayed the coat to close, so make sure to sprayed from a distance. Also use latex or rubber gloves. The spray is irritating your skin.
5. Let it dry and voila!
Tip: The clutch it’s a bit sticky so I would use it only for the special occasions, photo- shoots or as decoration
Good luck! And send me photos of your creations if you happen to try this, I'm curious to see what your imagination comes up with!
A song for good vibes :)